So the next of my quick and easy Christmas treats for you all to enjoy making and eating are these cute Elfmallows dipped in chocolate and of course decorated with Christmas sprinkles. For the Elf sticks I bought these in Dealz Ireland . They’re a pack of Elf straws for the amazing price of €1.49 for 20 straws they’re worth every cent. How cute and festive are they?!?!?!?
Again for these treats we’re going to use a lot of the same supplies from my last blog post on making the Chocolate Candy Cane Hearts which you can read here. And all of the ingredients/equipment can be purchased in Dealz too.
So lets get dipping our mallows shall we?
1 pack of Elf Straws
1 pack of Marshmallows
100g Plain chocolate
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil (Optional)
- Using the Elf straws, gently push them through the marshmallows until theyre stuck on.
- Melt the chocolate in a cup at 15 second intervals in the microwave ensuring to stir it between each interval to stop it from burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the marshmallows into the chocolate about a third of the marshmallow and take out and gently tap it against the cup to allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Then holding them over a plate, sprinkle the decorations over the chocolate covered part and place them onto the non-stick baking paper and allow to set.
- Placing them in the fridge will speed up the setting time, approx. 10 mins for the chocolate to harden.
- Finally, enjoy with your little elves!
Happy mallowing guys!!!!!
Jen ♥ xx