Looking for some fun treats to give to your guests this Christmas? Or maybe, like myself, you have a little elf about the house over the holidays that you need to entertain and do some fun things with? Well these chocolate candy cane hearts are perfect!!!
They’re quick and easy and best of all the kids can get involved and have some fun with them too. I bought the mini candy canes and the disposable piping bags from Dealz Ireland at a great price of just €1.49 each (like everything else in the shop……I tend to spend a fortune every time I go in. I don’t even know how that is possible but I just keep grabbing…lol). There is 34 mini canes in the box so at that price theyre a steal. You can also pick up baking trays, greaseproof paper, actually everything I have listed below in Dealz so the one trip to this shop will get you everthing you need. And if you add it all up, it will cost you less than €10 if you needed to buy everything which is pretty cheap considering the cost of things to do nowadays with the kids. I also got a box of regular sized candy canes for another treat idea that I have for you guys in a few days. They’re fun, quick and easy. Exactly what we need to either make quickly for our friends/family/guests or like I said to make with the kiddies.
So lets get to it.
Servings: 8 candy cane hearts
16 miniature candy canes
100g plain chocolate
1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil (optional)
Disposable Piping Bags
Non stick baking paper
- Line your tray with the baking paper
- Open and place the candy canes onto the baking paper in the shape of hearts gently pushing them together so they “stick” to each other. Be gentle so as to not break them.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals. This way ensures you wont burn it and its quick (for those impatient little helpers).
- When the chocolate is melted, if its too thick you can add in the vegetable oil to thin it out it. Then pour the chocolate into the piping bag and when its all in, grab the top opening part and twist it to make sure the chocolate doesn’t spill back out of the bag. Then snip the top off the bag (only a small bit from the top will do) and fill the heart shaped canes with chocolate making sure you’ve used enough at the connecting parts of the canes. This will stop them from breaking and form the heart.
- Then get creative with your decoration using your Christmas sprinkles.
- Finally, tap the baking sheet gently off the counter to set the chocolate and place into the fridge to set for about 15–20 minutes or until hard.
- Gently peel away from the baking paper and enjoy!!!
Let me know how you guys get on with making these little treats.
Jen ♥ xx